Welcome to the York County Amateur Golf Association!
2021 PLAYER INFORMATION
WE ARE REVIEWING AND WILL FOLLOW THE GAP GUIDELINES FOR 2021. WATCH FOR UPCOMING CHANGES
The following changes have been made. These changes will apply to all scheduled tournaments thru the remainder of the season.
1. No entry payments will be accepted at the registration table, the day of the tournament. All entries must be either on line payment or received by mail on or prior to the registration deadline.
2. One player or all players in each foursome will be responsible for entering scores electronically at each hole, utilizing the golf genius app. Instructions on use will be available by a representative of the YCAGA the morning of the tournament. Upon completion of your round, you will have 15 minutes to verify your scores as the are posted and advise the YCAGA of any corrections with verification. If scores are correct you will not need to notify the YCAGA.
3. The YCAGA will be following the tournament guidelines as set out by the GAP, with adjustments for YCAGA Tournaments. Our guidelines can be viewed by clicking the following link. These will be updated as the season continues and new guidelines are put out by the State and the GAP.
4. The YCAGA has set the following minimum and maximum tournament participation (applicable to men and women's division separately) 30 minimum (as of registration end date) 120 maximum (as of registration end date).
5. We will still have a skins game. If you plan on entering into the skins, you must have the correct change, to eliminate handling of monies. Skins entry is $10.00 per player in all of our events. If you do not have the correct change, you will not be able to enter the skins competition.
The YCAGA strongly urges everyone to download our guidelines and review. Any questions should be directed to David Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bob Ruby (email@example.com)
HOPEFULLY WE WILL BE ABLE TO GET BACK TO NORMAL OPERATIONS IN THE NEAR FUTURE. AGAIN THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PARTICIPATION IN YCAGA EVENTS.
CORONAVIRUS - COVID-19
THE YCAGA HAS PUT IN PLACE THE THE 2020 PLAYER INFORMATION GUIDANCE AS PUT FORWARD BY THE GAP. THIS GUIDANCE IS APPLICABLE FOR ALL YCAGA ADMINISTERED EVENTS. (NOTE: AS GOVERNOR WOLF AND THE CDC ADJUST THEIR GUIDELINES THRU THE SEASON, WE WILL ADJUST THESE GUIDELINES ACCORDINGLY)
While playing under these limitations please review the following link for proper scoring input when playing on a course with raised cups and no rakes in the bunkers.
THE YCAGA ENCOURAGES ALL OF ITS COMPETITORS, MEMBERS AND EVERYONE TO FOLLOW THE GUIDANCE OF THE CDC AND OTHER AUTHORITIES, INCLUDING FREQUENT WASHING OF YOUR HANDS, AVOIDING TOUCHING YOUR FACE AND PRACTICING THE RECOMMENDED 6' SEPARATION. WE ADVISE ELIMINATION OF HANDSHAKES AND URGE ALL TO UTILIZE DISENFECTANT WIPES TO CLEAN SURFACES OF FREQUENT CONTACT TO STAY SAFE.
OUR REGISTRATION PAGE IS OPEN. IF YOU BELIEVE FOR ANY REASON YOU MAY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO THE COVID-19, CORONAVIRUS, WE ASK YOU TO PLEASE NOT REGISTER FOR OR ATTEND ANY OF OUR EVENTS AND TO FOLLOW THE ADVICE AND DIRECTION OF YOUR MEDICAL PROVIDER.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO MINIMIZING RISK OF EXPOSURE AND TRANSMISSION OF THIS VIRUS. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE YCAGA BY EMAIL, firstname.lastname@example.org. WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.
WE WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE GUIDANCE BY THE ABOVE ENTITIES.
IF ANY EVENT IS CANCELLED DUE TO THIS OUTBREAK, REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED PROMPTLY VIA CREDIT BACK TO YOUR CREDIT CARD OR PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND BY CHECK IF REGISTERED BY MAIL.
AGAIN WE WANT TO EMPHASIZE THAT YOU FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES AS HAS BEEN PUT OUT BY THE GOVERNMENT AND HEALTH ORGANIZATIONS. PLEASE STAY SAFE.
CHANGES TO MENS SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIP AND TO ETZWEILER CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
We have made changes to each of the above tournament formats.
SENIOR & SUPER SENIOR
(1) Seniors will play from middle mens tee. Two flights based on age for seniors: (50 and older) (60 and older) Overall Champion may come from either flight. Gross and Net prices for each flight
(2) Super Seniors (65 and older) will play Forward mens tees. Gross and Net Prizes.
ETZWEILER CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
(1) Three Divisions : Amateur (no age limitation) Seniors (50 and older) Super Seniors (65 and older)
(2) Amateur - plays from Modified Championship Tees Seniors - play from middle mens tee Super Senior - play from mens forward tees
(3) You select which division you want to play in. eg. Senior age 55 may play in Amateur Division You may only play in one division due to different tee boxes being use for each flight.
YCAGA ANNOUNCES ADDITION OF WOMEN'S SENIOR & SUPER SENIOR TOURNAMENT AND WOMEN'S DIVISION FOR CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS
For 2020 the YCAGA has added a Women's Division in the YCAGA Senior and Super Senior event as well as a Division for Women in the ETWEILER FAMILY FUNERAL SERVICES Champion of Champions Tournament.
WOMEN'S SENIOR & SUPER SENIOR: This event is open to Women Golfers who are of age 50 at the time of tournament. The tournament will have the same format as our Men's Senior & Super Senior event. The event will be played at the same time as the Men's event. The location this year is Royal Manchester GL. See the tournament schedule page for dates. The event has two Divisions - Senior & Super Senior. The Senior event is limited to golfers who are minimum age 50 on time of event. Senior Division will have two flights - 50 and over with the 2nd flight being 60 and over. The Super Senior Division is open to golfers who are 65 at the time of the event.
WOMENS CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS: This event is open to Women Golfers who have are current or past champions of a YCAGA event or are current or past Champions of a YCAGA member Club. The event will follow the following format for 2020: Tournament Format: 18 Hole: Individual stroke play with two divisions. (Championship and Flights) Championship Division has no age limitation, Flights has no age limitation and all players will be flighted by their handicap. Prizes in each Championship & Flights based on Gross and Net score .
TOURNAMENT SUMMARIES & CHANGES
SPRING BETTER BALL: This event has been opened to all amateur players with a verifiable USGA Handicap. You no longer must live in York County or be a member of a YCAGA Club.
YORK COUNTY SENIOR & SUPER SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIP" : ADDITION OF WOMEN'S SENIOR & SUPER SENIOR.
MID AMATEUR: HOSTED BY HARRISBURG DISTRICT FOR 2021
YORK OPEN & YORK OPEN SENIOR EVENT: MOVED TO BON AIR CC FOR 2021
ETZWIELER FAMILY FUNERAL SERVICES CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS: ADDITION OF WOMENS DIVISION
WE WANT TO EXTEND OUR SINCERE THANKS TO OUR CURRENT SPONSORS : ETZWEILER FAMILY FUNERAL SERVICE (BOB ETZWEILER) QUALITY DIGITAL OFFICE TECHNOLOGY (JEFF POET) , THE BALTMORE LIFE COMPANIES (SEAN O'CONNOR) THE SUPPORT OF THESE LOCAL MERCHANTS AND INDIVIDUALS IS A MAJOR FACTOR IN THE SUCCESS OF THE YCAGA TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE AND SUCCESS.